Is anyone reading this? Just looked at the site and I'm certainly the only one posting anything. Oh well, hope I'm entertaining someone. Today was pretty slow in the OR. We lost an anesthesiologist (she was going back early) so we could only run 1 room. The ortho cases are abundant but often too complex in definitive management for here so we are sending a lot of them to the comfort, another 12 today. So they just did ortho cases since we didn't have anything plastics scheduled. we did manage to find a circumcision in the ED to do. This 12yo with some GU issues. So Hauck drew from his residency experience. He really looked like he knew what he was doing; Decter would have been proud. He did say to me twice today- "that's what you get for letting a gringo take care of you." I warned him I was putting that line on the blog, I think the chlorinated water is getting to him. That or the deet.
I spent the bulk of the day actaully helping our Opsmile coordinator enter data in about the cases we've completed. It was comforting seeing Shane's hand writing and diagrams all over the charts. It's definitely a differently level of acuity now in terms of the cases we are seeing but we are trying to graft and close as many open wounds as we can to simplify the wound care for these patients.
In evening meeting today we got asked to kindly adhere to the axiom of "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down." EWWWWW. I guess there was a minor issue today when the septic tank spilled sewage into the triage area.
I got a major upgrade in my tent- I can actually stand up in it. Very nice! That's what happens when the clinical coordinator leaves early and you wake up early in the morning.
Pretty hot here today. Hard to keep energy up.
Noel--I love your posts! They are entertaining, but also very insightful. I enjoy your writing style very much and I continue to encourage others to read your posts!
ReplyDeleteNoey--I am still reading and I've sent the blog to everyone and they are reading as well. Everyone back home is super proud of you and inspired. The posts are great and the humor is a nice touch...miss you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the continuing information. I left your site Feb13th (an OR Nurse with Operation Smile) and am very interested in how the tent hospital is continuing. The septic tank spillage sent shivers. Keep up the good work there and the blog! Donna Wendt - Honolulu
ReplyDeleteNoel - Thanks for writing...I'm reading! This is Natasha, the SICU nurse who was on "Team 2." I'm so interested in how the tent hospital is continuing to develop, more and more organized every day, I'm sure! Thanks for continuing the work!
ReplyDeleteHey Noel - I'm reading (Thanks to Courtney for sharing the link!) and definitely proud and inspired! Amazing work you are doing. Amazing! - eden
ReplyDelete